Stories connect you with imagery, emotions, thoughts, memories, and hopes.
– Stories engage people and captures their imagination; they get to go along with you.
– People may forget what you have said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
Take your Personal Brand to the next level by leveraging the power of storytelling:
– Think about the proudest moments in your life and career. They can be assessments you have passed, challenges you overcome, and goals you achieved. Are there any that stand out? Did any make you feel alive?
– Write them down using as much detail as possible.
– Reflect on each individual moment. What skills did you learn or use? Write down the skills and rank them by how critical they were for each moment.
– Practice recounting these moments with your friends and family.
Now you have a collection of moments to include in your social media posts, your personal branding tools such as your LinkedIn Profile and CV, and you have memorized key achievements to use as examples in an interview.
One final thought – If you don’t tell your story, someone else will.
Keep up to date with the latest career-related news, trends, and advice.